The 9 tools come from The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit by MobLab which blends high-performing campaign strategy tools with proven methods inspired by design thinking. It is a practical guide for planning campaign projects that put people at the centre of efforts for change through a collaborative process that involves the entire project team using visual templates, methods and exercises.
What is sensing?
Harnessing the potential of people power requires a deep understanding of the people we seek to engage in campaigns. What inspires and motivates them? What are their emotional and practical needs? During the sensing phase you will learn directly from the people you want to campaign with in order to design campaigns that have the greatest potential to involve people in change.
Framing Worksheet – What do you want to know?
Questioning Worksheet – What to ask who
Questioning Worksheet A1
Questioning Worksheet A4
Interview Worksheet: Debrief after each interview…
Insight Statements Worksheet
Insight Statements Worksheet A4
First Focus Questions Worksheet
First Focus Questions Worksheet A4
Focus Questions Based on Insights Worksheet
Focus Questions Based on Insights Worksheet A4
Focus Questions Mash-Up Worksheet
Focus Questions Mash-Up Worksheet A4
Focus Questions Formula Worksheet
Focus Questions Formula Worksheet A4
To explore further and give context to the tools see the Campaign Accelerator Toolkit – Module 2: Sense
Purpose: To build a deeper understanding of and empathy with the specific audiences we need to engage and conduct field research to provide inspiration for how we can motivate and engage those audiences to be part of the solution.
Outcome: At the end of this stage you should have insights about each of the audience segments for your possible strategies. This may enable you to take decisions about strategies, narrow audience focus and it will provide you with a solid base from which to proceed to idea generation.
Table of Contents
- About Campaign Accelerator
- Module 2: Sense
- What is Sensing?
- SECTION 1: Sensing Prep
- EXERCISE 1: Persona
- EXERCISE 2: Framing
- EXERCISE 3: Persona Role Play
- EXERCISE 4: Questioning Guide
- What makes a good question?
- SECTION 2: Sensing Methods
- SENSE METHOD 1: Pop-up Research
- SENSE METHOD 2: Interviews
- SENSE METHOD 3: Immersion
- SENSE METHOD 4: Talking to Extremes
- SENSE METHOD 5: Self-documentation
- SENSE METHOD 6: Conversation Starters.
- SECTION 3: Making Sense
- What is an Insight?
- EXERCISE 1: Audience Stories
- EXERCISE 2: 5 Loudest Statements
- EXERCISE 3: Finding Patterns & Themes
- EXERCISE 4: Insight Statements
- What are Focus Questions?
- EXERCISE 5: Focus Questions
- EXERCISE 6: Campaign Canvas
- Download Templates & Exercise Tools for Module 2: Sense.
Would you like to go to the next stage?
The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit has 4 other modules
To see the other modules click here.
- Campaigning - Strategy
- Design thinking
- Members and Supporters