Help put resources in the hands of people working for social change
Support the Commons Library
Your donations will enable the Commons to:
- build the library’s collection and reach, putting information and skills in the hands of people working for social and ecological justice around Australia and the world
- ensure staffing of the library which enables rapid response to crises and movement moments
- enable crucial website updates to keep the Commons working well and available to all.
Contribute to building this social change library so that everyone who needs resources to create change, can, and at no cost. We can do a lot with a little, and every donation counts – but the more you can contribute, the more becomes possible.
- $75 (or $10 per month) can enable us to tell stories of inspiring activist history to thousands of readers online.
- $150 (or $15 per month) can mean a new article in the library.
- $250 (or $25 per month) can fund rapid response resource kits, like those we produced in response to the bushfires and Covid-19.
- $500 (or $50 per month) can allow crucial website updates to keep the Commons open source and meeting activist demand.
Donations to the Commons are tax deductible due to our Deductible Gift Recipient status. Donate via our secure form or see below for details of other ways to donate.
Appreciation for the Commons
I’m motivated by a new social change go-to portal, Commons Library. It’s an elongated epiphany for anyone interested in learning how to build collaborative and effective movements for social and ecological justice.
Maya Newell, director of In My Blood It Run, quoted in the Saturday Age
The Commons library is a wonderful one-stop shop for social change resources. The site is useful, easy to use, comprehensive, and best of all it’s free! It has really helped me prepare training for our volunteers on meeting with their MP, doing a power analysis and other topics. I’ve recommended it to several of my keen volunteer organisers and use it myself regularly.
Lexie Keller Sheard, TEAR Australia
The Commons is a great hub for anyone who wants to get involved in the progressive movement. It has such a variety of tools, resources, readings and guides and caters for all people, no matter how far along they are on their activist journey. It has resources for almost every topic under the sun and ones that link everything together – the focus on intersectionality is refreshing.
Aliya Ahmad, Democracy in Colour
What a tremendous and user-friendly resource The Commons Library is. As the only employee in my organisation that works on advocacy, organising, and campaigning I rely on the library as my instant brains trust. The website is intuitive, the librarians knowledgeable, and the collection is constantly growing. I recommend the library to all my colleagues and our organisation’s volunteer advocates.
Sarina Foulstone, Council on the Ageing NSW (COTA)
Other ways to donate to The Commons
Donate via Australian Communities Foundation
Larger donors are invited to consider the Commons Library proposal Building capacity for advocacy and campaigning on the Australian Communities Foundation funding portal.
Donate by direct deposit
Bank: Bendigo Bank
Account Name: Commons Investment Account
BSB: 633-000 Account Number: 154 601 710
On completion of your deposit, please forward an email to accounts AT commonslibrary.org with a short note which outlines where the funds are to be directed, and the name and contact details for the tax-deductible receipt we will provide.
Donate by mail
Please forward your cheque, money order or credit card details to:
Commons Library Ltd, Level 10 , 555 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
Please add a short note which outlines where the funds are to be directed, and the name and contact details for the tax-deductible receipt we will provide.