The 7 tools for defining your campaign problem come from The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit by MobLab which blends high-performing campaign strategy tools with proven methods inspired by design thinking. It is a practical guide for planning campaign projects that put people at the centre of efforts for change through a collaborative process that involves the entire project team using visual templates, methods and exercises.
Systems Campaigning Toolkit (includes multiple documents on Google Drive)
Who will you work with
To explore further and give context to the tools see the Campaign Accelerator Toolkit – Module 1: Define.
Purpose: At this stage we are beginning to define where the campaign will go, aligning on vision, exploring the problem and system that creates the problem. We will identify topline strategies and the key people that we want to engage and influence.
Outcome: At the end of this stage you should know which problems you will focus on solving and the system you are campaigning to change. You should have a first iteration of your strategic direction and the key people you need to engage with to create that change.
- Table of Contents
- About Campaign Accelerator
- Module 1: Define
- SECTION 1: Problem & Context
- EXERCISE 1: Defining a Vision
- EXERCISE 2: Exploring the Problem
- EXERCISE 3: Context Map
- SECTION 2: Core Strategy
- What is Systemic Change?
- EXERCISE 1: System Surfing
- EXERCISE 2: System Narrative
- EXERCISE 3: System Mapping
- EXERCISE 4: Levers and Disruptors
- EXERCISE 5: Iceberg Exercise
- Systems Change Campaigning Toolkit
- EXERCISE 6: Campaign Canvas
- SECTION 3: Audiences
- EXERCISE 7: Mapping Allies, Audiences, Influencers
- EXERCISE 8: Who Will You Work With
Would you like to go to the next stage? The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit has 4 other modules:
To see the other modules click here.
- Campaigning - Strategy
- Problem solving