Following the 2021 coup by the Burmese military, the Burmese community have built an extraordinary civil disobedience movement to call for the return of democracy. Today we speak to Myint Cho a long time Burmese pro-democracy activist, active in the student movement in 1988, and then based at the Thai-Burma border for 12 years. He shares the long history of the struggle and explains what is happening today.
About ChangeMaker Chats
ChangeMaker Chats are ad hoc interviews with a single change maker that explore what kind of change they make, why they make it and how they go about it.
- Listen to more ChangeMaker chats and podcasts
- Learn more about the ChangeMakers Organising School
- Listen to other podcasts – Faces of Change with Marshall Ganz and People’s History of Australia
- Civil disobedience
- Lessons learned_Reviews_Reflections
- Movements_Campaigns - Democracy
- Movements_Campaigns - Student