Want to learn about all kinds of change making, building relationships, people power, organising and leadership development?
The ChangeMakers Organising School seeks to strengthen the leadership, knowledge, skills and relationships between the hundreds of thousands of social movement members and organisational volunteers across Australia (and our broader region) who want to take the crises created and exacerbated by the pandemic and make deep real change. The training is designed to help mass movement and organisational participants across Australia reimagine their power while they work on specific movements and campaigns.
The school values leadership development and seeks to explore and understand concepts like power, action, organisations, narrative, relationships and action as the bedrock for building a democratic public life. Whilst anchored in the practice of the Industrial Areas Foundation, this training has an open and agnostic approach to its content.
The training course was held over 2020 in 3 seasons. Each session has a video and slides.
Access Videos, Slides and Resources
- Session 1: Public Dimensions of Our Private Lives
- Session 2: When everything changes can we change everything?
- Session 3: How to organise relationally during a pandemic
- Session 4: Understanding power to win a better world
- Session 5: Building Powerful Coalitions
- Session 6: Public Narrative
- Session 7: Understanding People Power
- Session 8: Democracy, Strategy and Power
- Session 9: Politics 101
- Session 10: Qualities of Leaders in Organising
- Session 11: Organising Cycle and Table Talks
- Session 12: Building Relationships and Power for Transformation
- Session 13: Digital Organising, Part 1
- Session 14: Digital Organising, Part 2
- ChangeMakers Organising School
- Session One: Norms, Purpose and Relationships: How we all work best together
- Session Two: Campaign planning in a pandemic
- Session Three: Learning from the Power of First Nations Resistance and Relationships
- Session Four: What does it take to change political decision makers: Campaigning in an election
- Session Five: Building Scalable, Participatory Activism: How to make the most of your list
- Session Six: Taking People from Passive Interest to Active Involvement: Using the conversation tool Anger, Hope, Action
- Session Seven: Evaluation & Reflection
Keen to learn more?
- Register for the latest season of the ChangeMakers Organising School (April 29 – June 24 2021) focused on how small groups make big change.
- So, what is organising? by ChangeMakers host Amanda Tattersall
- Activist Inspiration and Learning in Lockdown
- Changemakers Podcasts
- Organising: Start Here – a guide to many more organising resources in the Commons Library
- Creative tactics
- Elections_Electoriates (United States - 2020)
- Organising - Community
- People power
- Theories of change
- Wellbeing_Self care