The 3 tools come from The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit by MobLab which blends high-performing campaign strategy tools with proven methods inspired by design thinking. It is a practical guide for planning campaign projects that put people at the centre of efforts for change through a collaborative process that involves the entire project team using visual templates, methods and exercises.
What is Prototyping?
Launching a new campaign means significant time and money. By prototyping ideas at an early stage (and throughout implementation) we can test ideas and reduce risk while improving ideas before committing your team’s time and budget. If you’ve tested and received feedback from the people you’re designing for throughout your planning and implementation process, then your strategy and tactics are more likely to succeed. Prototypes come in many forms, from rough drawings to working models of platforms, products and services. We use quick, rough and low-cost prototypes to communicate ideas early in planning to get feedback from stakeholders and audiences in order to select the best ideas to inspire and engage people and improve ideas based on their feedback.
What to Prototype Worksheet
Testing Prototypes Worksheet
Prototype Testing Summary / Debrief
To explore further and give context to the tools see the Campaign Accelerator Toolkit – Module 4: Prototype
Purpose: To create quick and rough prototypes of the campaign solution and test with audiences and allies to determine key project activities and improve ideas through feedback.
Outcome: At the end of this stage you should have a clear direction for the campaign solution and as well as feedback from audiences to build on and improve ideas for implementation.
Table of Contents
- About Campaign Accelerator
- Module 3: Create
- Creative Model
- SECTION 1: Creative Principles
- EXERCISE 1: Apple Exercise
- EXERCISE 2: Yes, and
- EXERCISE 3: Party Exercise
- EXERCISE 4: Yellow Card, Red Card
- SECTION 2: Idea Generation
- EXERCISE 1: Empty Your Brain
- EXERCISE 2: Picture Prompt
- EXERCISE 3: Trends Prompt
- EXERCISE 4: Negative Ideation
- EXERCISE 5: Idea Mash-up
- SECTION 3: Idea Evaluation & Selection
- EXERCISE 1: Organising Ideas
- EXERCISE 2: Idea Pitching
- EXERCISE 3: Disruption Scale
- EXERCISE 4: XY Plotting
- EXERCISE 5: Dot Voting
- SECTION 4: Idea Development
- EXERCISE 1: Mind Map
- EXERCISE 2: Fishing Stories
- EXERCISE 3: P.O.W.E.R. Tool
- EXERCISE 4: Prototype It
- Additional Exercises for Idea Development
- SECTION 5: Idea Concretisation & Selection
- EXERCISE 1: Templates
- EXERCISE 2: Prototype It
- EXERCISE 3: Revolutionary Matrix
- SECTION 6: Transition to Prototyping and Facilitation Tools
- Final Idea Selection & Prototyping
- Download Templates & Exercise Tools for Module 3: Create
Would you like to go to the next stage?
The Campaign Accelerator Toolkit has 4 other modules
To see the other modules click here.
- Campaigning - Strategy
- Campaigning - Strategy - Testing_Experiments
- Design thinking
- Strategy_Strategic planning