A collection of resources by The Commons Social Change Library to help you learn all about activism, organising and campaigning.
Start Here Guides
Commons Library Start Here guides help you find your way through the many resources in each of the following topics. They include introductory articles, manuals, practical tools, case studies, videos, podcasts and more.
- Organising: Start Here
- Digital campaigning: Start Here
- Lobbying and Advocacy: Start Here
- Creative Activism: Start Here
- Nonviolent Direct Action: Start Here
- Working in Groups: Start Here
- Diversity & Inclusion: Start Here
- First Nations Resources: Start Here
- Coalition Building: Start Here
- Fundraising: Start Here
Other Helpful Resource Guides
- Progress Capacity Building Hub
- 10 Great Resources on Activist Wellbeing
- Resources to Cope With Climate Anxiety and Grief
- Resources for Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Governance Resources for Australian Not-for-Profits
- Digital Security Guide for Everyone
- Resources About Australian Housing Justice and Unwaged Rights Campaigns
- Resources About Police Violence and Racial Justice
- Resources to Support Action for Gender Equality
- Online Meeting Guides to Get Through Covid-19
- How to Frame Issues for Social Change Impact
- Eleven websites about the Australian Federal Government and MPs
How do I use the Commons Library?
- Use the Search box on the home page.
- Visit the Browse page to view the topics, collections and formats on the Commons Library and refine your search using the filters.
- Look at the A – Z tags.
- Contact the Librarians if you can’t find what you need.
- See the featured resources on the Home page and the What’s New links.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
- View past editions of the newsletter.