A primer from re:power to help you understand how to best use digital organizing strategies and tactics to strengthen your electoral and advocacy organizing work. In this resource you will:
- Understand what digital organizing is and why it’s important
- Understand the tools available for digital organizing
- Understand the basics of a digital organizing plan
Digital Organizing is the practice of building a digital presence and community, rooted in trust, in order to move people to action online to confront the state and build power. – pg. 6
- Introduction to Digital Organizing (PDF – 20pgs)
About the Author
re:power is based in the United States and are a team of organizers, strategists, and technologists dedicated to building a liberated multi-racial democracy. re:power exists to build a critical mass of social justice movements and their leaders who embody the ideology and practice of liberatory organizing, an organizing practice that is pro-Black and grounded in community, collective action, and abundance. They have existed since 2003 and used to be called Wellstone Action.
- How to Create a Successful Digital Campaign: Digital Activism Toolkit
How to Create a Successful Digital Campaign: Digital Activism Toolkit is a practical guide by Youth and Environment Europe.
- Digital Organising Tools to Reach and Recruit Supporters
Does your group want to reach out to supporters and engage them in campaigns? A quick overview of the options and top tips for success.
- Digital Campaigning: Start Here
Digital campaigning leverages technology to create change through emails, petitions, and platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more. Here is a list of resources to get you started.
- Democracy Resource Hub
The Democracy Hub has a wide range of nonviolent tools and resources for anti-authoritarian and pro-democracy organizing.