Easy Read uses clear, everyday language matched with images to make sure everyone understands.
Easy Read documents are helpful for:
- people with disability
- people with English as a second language
- people with lower literacy levels
- anyone who finds them helpful!
This collection includes links to Easy Read resources produced by different campaigns, organisations and researchers. You can use these guides to find out more about the campaigns and issues. You can also use these guides for inspiration for how you can use Easy Read in your campaign so everyone can understand and get involved.
A campaign is a way to tell people about something important. Campaigners try to change something, for example a policy or the way people think.
Information About Australian Campaigns
- Advocating for Our Health Counts, Centre for Intellectual Disability CID, 2021 (PDF) of the Our Health Counts Campaign
- Top issues for people with intellectual disability this election Easy Read Guide, Centre for Intellectual Disability, 2022 (PDF)
- Agents of our own destiny: activism and the road to the disability Royal Commission | Full report
- Framework for a Fair Democracy Easy Read, Australian Democracy Network, (PDF) of this campaign
- Justice Matters: Justice Advocacy Service Lobbying Guide by Council for Intellectual Disability CID
- Everyday for Everyone Campaign by the Council for Intellectual Disability [A campaign asking the NSW government to make inclusion happen.]
- Make inclusion happen, Council for Intellectual Disability CID, 2022| (PDF)
- Everyday for Everyone – Accessible information
- More Government jobs for people with intellectual disability, Council for Intellectual Disability 2022 (PDF)
- How you can help get our message across, 2022, PDF
- How the NSW government should make disability inclusion happen
- Transport for Everyone
Information About International Campaigns
- Black Lives Matter An easy read guide to explaining Black Lives Matter, Ambitious about Autism (PDF)
- George Floyd and Black Lives Matter
- LGBTQ+ History month, United Response, 2023 (PDF)
- National strike action by nurses, postal workers, train staff and teachers, United Response, 2022 (PDF)
This Easy News story is about the different groups of workers planning strikes in December 2022 and January 2023.
- #My Own Front Door Campaign Report Easy Read, Enable Scotland, 2022 (PDF)
- Pacific Pay Gap Report, Human Rights Commission New Zealand, 2022 (PDF)
- Treat me well: Simple adjustments make a big difference: A campaign to change how the NHS treats people with a learning disability, Royal Mencap Society, 2018 (PDF)
- We the 15 Workshop, One Place East, 2022 (PDF)
WeThe15 is a Campaign run throughout the world that wants to help end discrimination for people with disabilities and make their lives better. The Campaign is led by the International Paralympic Committee and involves lots of different organisations.
Information About Issues
- LGBTQIA+ What do all the letters mean? Easy read online UK (PDF)
- What is racism? The Include Project, 2021 (PDF)
- Climate Change Easy Read Guide, My Life My Choice (PDF)
Research is about looking at something closely to get a better understanding of it.
- Doing Research Inclusively: Co-Production in Action – Easy Read, University of NSW
Examples of explaining Research Reports and Projects in Easy Read
- Remembering disability institutions, University of Technology Sydney, 2022 (PDF)
- Research Report A framework for supported decision-making Easy Read version, Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability, 2023 (PDF)
- An easy to read guide to the research project on 19 Stories of Social Inclusion – Ireland: Stories of Belonging, Contributing and Connecting, Inclusion Ireland, Trinity College Dublin, 2022 (PDF)
- Raising the voices of people with intellectual disabilities and changing systems: How CID has helped make change, 2018, (PDF)
This is an easy to read summary of a report about CID by Professor Christine Bigby and Dr David Henderson at La Trobe University.
- Disability Research Agenda Summary Report, Centre for Intellectual Disability, 2021, (PDF) of this research project.
A large consortium of researchers from universities and non-government organisations has come together through a tender to the National Disability Research Partnership to assist with developing a set of priorities which can be used for making decisions about how we support disability research in Australia.
- How can self-advocacy influence well-being of people with intellectual disability: International program of research, Easy Read report, University New South Wales, Open University (PDF)
- A research report about Māori in state care from 1950 to 1999, 2021 (PDF)
Constitutions, Manifestos and Agreements
These are Easy Read versions of complex documents on important issues.
The constitution talks about how an organisation runs and who is responsible for what.
A manifesto or policy platform sets out what an organisation believes.
- The National Agreement on Closing the Gap: An Easy Read guide, Coalition of Peaks, 2020 (PDF)
- First Nations Engagement Principles Easy Read version, Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability, 2020 (PDF)
- The Easy Read book about the Treaty of Waitangi, Tangata Tiriti – Treaty People (PDF)
- Constitution of The New South Wales Council for Intellectual Disability (PDF)
- General Election Manifesto 2019, Green Party, UK (PDF)
- Easy Read Wales Definitions Dictionary
- Council for Intellectual Disability Easy Read and Inclusion Services
- Easy Read resources about advocacy and campaigning
- Easy read
- Movements_Campaigns - People with disability
- People with disability