By Amanda Tattersall, ChangeMakers, Owen Jones
Listen to Podcast
This is the long story behind one of the United Kingdom’s most high profile left wing figures. In this Chat we learn about Owen Jones’s journey into political life, how extra-parliamentary activism shaped him, but also why the British Labour Party matters.
Owen Jones is a writer and political commentator in the United Kingdom. He is a columnist for The Guardian and the author of two books, Chavs: the Demonization of the Working Class, The Establishment: And how they get away with it.
Listen by clicking play above, or listen via an app on Apple, PodcastOne or Stitcher – or on most other podcast apps by searching “ChangeMakers.” Or use our RSS feed
About ChangeMaker Chats
ChangeMaker Chats are ad hoc interviews with a single change maker that explore what kind of change they make, why they make it and how they go about it.
- Listen to more ChangeMaker chats and podcasts
- Learn more about the ChangeMakers Organising School
- Listen to other podcasts – Faces of Change with Marshall Ganz and People’s History of Australia
- Lessons learned_Reviews_Reflections
- Movements_Campaigns - Democracy
- People power
- Political analysis
- Political participation
- Political parties
- Social action
- Social change
- Social justice
- Theory of change
- United Kingdom Labour Party