Wondering what to give the passionate changemaker in your life… including yourself?!
Support the causes they are passionate about
If you want to show care and appreciation for people working for social and ecological justice – get on board with them! Say Thank you and investigate the campaigns and organisations they support and consider volunteering or donating.
- If getting involved in social change is a new adventure check out these Tips for New Activists.
Give some reading inspiration
- Buy yourself or others an inspiring book – the book reviews on the Commons will give you ideas.
- Books to Read About Social Change in 2021 includes a number of new exciting books coming out next year that can be pre ordered – Chomsky! Hahrie Han! Judith Heumann! Ruth Bader Ginsburg! Alicia Garza!
For kids and teens:
Have a film night
Watch inspirational films together with others or have some down time for yourself. We have collated lists for you:
Look after their wellbeing
Changing the world is hard work and we need to look after ourselves and each other for the long haul.
- Consider giving a voucher for a massage, health treatment, exercise class, or delicious food.
- Help them reflect on this big year with Reviewing your activist year processes and worksheets.
- Plus plenty more wellbeing resources here.
Pay for a training session
Set them up for a powerful 2021 by booking them into a training or give them a voucher they can redeem from you later. You can also ‘pay it forward’ by sponsoring a place for an unknown low income activist.
- Many of the Commons Collection contributors run training – see the Collections on our Browse page for ideas.
Support the Commons
- Make sure the activists in your life know about the Commons Library, to help make their change efforts smarter and stronger.
- You can also give a gift that keeps on giving – donate to the Commons so we can put more resources in the hands of activists!