“This open access book provides practical guidance for non-profits and community sector organisations about how to get started with data analytics projects using their own organisations’ datasets and open public data. The book shares best practices on collaborative social data projects and methodology. For researchers, the work offers a playbook for partnering with community organisations in data projects for public good and gives worked examples of projects of various sizes and complexity.” – Source – Publisher
This book is meant for non-profit leaders, managers, practitioners and board members who want to see what can be done with data and discover how organisations like theirs can become capable with data. It is also for researchers, as we show how partnering with non-profits can help us to contribute to social justice and to knowledge about data for social good.
- provides examples from real-life data projects involving a range of community organisations
- offers new evidence about transforming raw data into value and actionable insights with open data sources
- combines ‘how-to’ advice and guidance with cutting-edge research perspectives.
- Case studies of data projects
- Data capability through collaborative data action
- Activating for a data-capable future
- Data analytics
- Data capability
- Data collaboration
- Not for profit organisations_Non Government Organisations NGOs