This toolkit intends to help charities improve their digital campaigns by centering the voices of lived experience. Based on thorough research conducted by The Social Change Agency, this framework will allow you to reshape your digital campaigns to be more accessible, effective, inclusive and responsible, while ensuring the voices of lived experience are central.
This framework intends to open up the possibilities of digital campaigning. It allows for building on traditional e-campaigning practices and for fresh innovative ideas. It provides researched and tested strategies that should form the basis of any digital campaign.
For best results, test a campaign idea that is not yet fully solidified. Going through the questions in the framework will allow you rethink, reshape and adapt your idea to fit with the essential elements that are needed to have a responsible digital campaign.
Your idea does not need to hit every single element that is mentioned. Rather, view this framework as a guide for understanding all the different ways that a digital campaign can be effective.
With this resource you’ll be able to:
- Understand the key ingredients of a successful digital campaign
- Quickly explore and test your digital campaign ideas
- Identify which of your campaign ideas are most likely to succeed
- Ensure that the voices of lived experience are at the heart of your campaign
- Full report – Digital campaigning and the voices of lived experience, The Social Change Agency
- Other resources in the Commons Library about Digital Campaigning