The Global Organizing and Leadership Development GOLD is a program that provides the foundational basics of organizing and prepares people to become successful organizers through 6 stages.
The GOLD leadership program by ActionAid offers a multi-stage learning process designed to fit your busy schedule. Everyone is welcome to take the online courses at any time – at no cost!
These mini courses explore the foundations of organising, distributed leadership, social movements, forms of power and the concept of the Movement Cycle. Upon completing each course, you will be able to download a certificate.
- Why Organising?
- What is Organising?
- Organising vs. Mobilising
- NGOs and Social Movements
- The Movement Cycle
- Story of a Social Movement
In these courses you will learn what organising is, why organising is important, and how it works in practice.
After completing the course you will know the basics about community organising with a particular focus on how to scale organising beyond community level and how distinguish between organising and mobilising, and when to do what.
Through real cases you will get inspiration on how to use organising as an effective strategy to shift power.
You will need to Sign up and Login to access courses.
- More online courses by ActionAid
- Introduction to Campaigning and Social Movements (Online Courses), 350.org
- Digital Campaigning and Online Organising Courses with Social Movement Technologies
- 7 online MOOCs about Social Change and Activism
- The Movement Cycle Methology, Beautiful Trouble Toolbox
- Democracy Resource Hub