The Future of Governance Toolkit by reState is a living library of participatory governance use cases from around the world – online, offline, and hybrid.
All over the world, visionary communities are experimenting with novel forms of governance emphasizing the values of inclusion, plurality, and justice. They build their collective intelligence by inviting more participation from more members of their community.
These cases can provide inspiration for both existing and emerging governance structures. Here are some examples from the toolkit.
- Participatory mapping using Mapeo by The Waorani Indigenous people
- Migrant workers sharing information and employer reviews online
- Deliberative democracy approach to tackle climate change
- Youth Lead the Change: A case study in participatory budgeting
- Cooperatives and civil society in Rojava
- Peer moderation on Slashdot
- Citizens’ Jury Case Study: NDIS Citizens’ Jury Scorecard Project
- Time to Move the Rock: Activating Social Values to Bring About Change
- Participatory Policy Making
- Books to Read if you are Interested in Activism, Social Change and Justice
- Efficacy is Essential for Taking Action