Dear Commons Supporters
We’re living in a time of great challenge – the future is in the balance. Only people power can win the changes necessary for social justice and a safer climate.
There’s never been a more important time to invest in the power of social movements. People working for a just future need access to skills and information to act effectively.
The Commons exists to help social movements be stronger and smarter. Here’s a snapshot of what we’ve delivered in the last year:
- Gathering resources from many respected sources in one well organised and free of charge place saving time and stress for busy activists
- Handy summaries of key topics including Digital Campaigning, Organising, Creative Activism, Nonviolent Direct Action and Wellbeing
- Sourcing articles and presentations from important events like Progress 2019 and FWD+Organise
- Responding to crisis situations by rapidly distributing resources relevant to the 2020 bushfires and pandemic
- Convening the Reset Reading Group to engage thousands of people with ideas for a just future
We need your support to keep building the Commons for the benefit of all.
Whatever issues you are most passionate about, supporting the Commons puts tools and resources into the hands of people working on those issues. The Commons is a lean operation so all donations make a big difference with many ripples.
Towards a better world,
Holly Hammond, Director
P.S. Getting ready for the end of financial year? The Commons has DGR status so donations are tax deductible.