By Aurora Adams
Digital campaigners know that the difference between a successful online action and a flop isn’t always in the issue, the strategy, or the content — sometimes, it can be in the colour of the button. And the only way to find out which factor makes the difference is through testing and experimentation.
GetUp runs a sophisticated internal program of experiments and analytics, focussed on optimising their emails and pages for member action. Below, you’ll find a collection of experiments they ran between 2013 and 2016 – including their methodologies and results – along with insights into the inner workings of their analytics program.
- Select your donation amount in email: Does it work?
- Do banner images in emails improve click rates?
- Do GIFs improve emails?
- Does changing font sizes impact email performance?
Website / modules
- GetUp’s successful trial of a multi-step donation form
- Does button colour on pages impact action rates?
- How personalised donations amounts boost digital fundraising
- To blurb or not to blurb in fundraising modules
- Does allowing a petition to be signed with Facebook increase actions?
- How much should your default donation ask be?
- Campaigning - Digital_Virtual
- Click through rates CTR
- Digital campaigning
- Emails - Analysis
- Emails - Testing_Experiments
- Emails – Testing_Experiments – AB (Split)
- User Interface UI
- User Journey UJ